We see some absolutely amazing pizzas being created by our customers, so we thought it was time to put a stake in the ground and start the search for the UK's best amateur pizza maker 🍕
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Entries opened via Instagram and Facebook on 15/04 and will close at midnight on 15/05
- To enter tag @planetfriendlyfirewood in a photo of a pizza made in your home oven and use the hashtag #besthomepizzauk
- The Love Logs team will choose our favourite 15 entries to be put to the public vote 😋
- From 20/05 to 04/06, our customers and fellow pizza enthusiasts can vote, via our website, for the pizzaiolos they’d most like to see in the final ✅
- The five entries with the most votes will be invited to take part in a live, in-person final and cook their pizzas for our panel of judges
- If you’re selected as a finalist, we’ll ask you to travel to Worcestershire on 02/07 where you can store or make your dough, and enjoy some time with the other finalists, then we’ll put you up in a hotel so you can join us for the live final on 03/07
- You'll make one classic margherita followed by your choice of signature pizza. What will you make to wow the judges? 🌟
Chris James, Owner, and George Leigh, Head Chef, at Otto
Otto started as a small restaurant in the Jewellery Quarter area of Birmingham and has expanded to become a chain of three incredible pizza restaurants around the Midlands. Known for their amazing Neapolitan crusts and signature Chroizo, Nduja and Honey pizza, these guys are passionate about good pizza and never go with the safe option!
He needs no introduction. Winner of Great British Bake Off, proud Britalian and Ooni enthusiast, Giuseppe knows good pizza!
THE PRIZES 🏆
Along with the bragging rights of being 'The UK's Best Amateur Pizzaiolo', we've got some awesome prizes available for our winner and finalists:
- A year's supply of Love Logs Pizza Oven Fuel Kits of your choice
- A handmade British hardwood pizza serving board
- £250 cash
- A Love Logs Pizza Oven Fuel Kit of your choice
- A handmade British hardwood pizza serving board
- £100 cash
The remaining three finalists will each receive a Love Logs Pizza Oven Fuel Kit of their choice.
Love Logs will provide:
- Dinner at Love Logs HQ and an overnight stay at a 4* hotel including breakfast from 02/07 - 03/07
- Surface and storage space at room temperature for finalists to prep their dough on 02/07 ready for cooking on 03/07
- Firewood for your preferred pizza oven for the duration of the day on 03/07. We've also got 7 pizza ovens if you don't want to transport yours 🤣
- Bakers boards, utensils and work space to make dough, prep ingredient and of course, build & bake your pizzas
- All the ingredients you need to make your pizzas from a selected list of retail outlets - unless you'd prefer to bring your own to keep an element of surprise!
- Not be employed as a pizza chef or run a pizza restaurant catering business as your main source of income! Pop-up caterers are allowed but please use sensible judgement, this is a competition designed for amateurs and home pizza chefs 👩🍳🧑🍳 The Love Logs team reserve final judgement on whether your entry will stand.
- Have the means to travel to Worcestershire on 02/07 and return home the following day.
- Have the means to bring your own portable wood-fired oven or be prepared to use a wood-fired/gas/electric pizza oven provided by Love Logs. Home oven users are also welcome to enter, and a home oven plus pizza steel will be available on the day of the final.
THE LEGAL BITS
- The promoter is Love Logs Ltd (company no. 2663961) whose registered office is at Unit 7, Two Woods Trading Estate, Talbots Lane. Brierley Hill, DY5 2YX.
- Employees of Love Logs Limited, their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition
- You must be a UK resident, and over the age of 18 to enter.
- The competition will close at 23.59 on 13th May 2022. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted or accepted.
- Love Logs Limited reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the case of any event outside of the promoter’s control.
- Entry is via Facebook/Instagram using the process described above to create a shortlist of 15 entrants which will be put to the public vote. Entrants must be free and able to travel to Worcestershire on 2nd July and stay until 3rd July.
- Finalists will be the 5 entrants with the most public votes.
- Where a finalist is not able to attend the event from 2nd – 3rd July in Worcestershire, they will be immediately disqualified and replaced with the entrant with the next highest number of votes.
- Entrants must not be employed as a pizza chef or run a full-time business where they are paid to cook or cater pizza. Finalists found to break this condition will be immediately disqualified and replaced with the entrant with the next highest number of votes.
- Pizzas must be made in a portable home pizza oven, or an indoor home oven. Entrants using commercial or industrial ovens will be disqualified.
- No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- In reference to prizes, ‘a year’s supply’ refers to one Fuel Kit every quarter for the next year.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions. All finalists agree to the use of their name in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party (with no relation to the competition) without the entrant’s prior consent.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram or any other social network.